Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Out an About: Lunch at Marination Mobile


So today Finley and I decided to hit the road for a little picnic lunch. Now to most people the word picnic implies a home cooked lunch packed in a nice basket, lunch box, or paper bag. Me...I'm a nursing mom so my son's food is 'packed' and on the ready. And for me...well, as much as I like to cook when I get a free moment sometimes cooking is just not high on my list. Fortunately, Seattle is rich with mobile food possibilities.

Today I took full advantage of one of these offerings- The Marination Mobile. This was my second Marination Mobile experience and I have to say, it just keeps getting better. The people are so friendly and the food is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

For those of you unfortunate enough to have missed out on The Marination Mobile, fear not, you'll have ample opportunity to scout out this mobile gourmet. Today I'll give you a sneak peak at the fabulous munching experience that awaits you.

Small bites make it easy to get a taste for what this self described 'Hawaiian/Korean curb cuisine' has to offer. For $6 I had a spicy pork taco, a miso chicken taco, and an Aloha slider. They handed me my cardboard plate of goodness and I headed off to the shady trail for my picnic.

Dotted along the waterfront was a scene of contented lunchgoers all picnicing on tasty treats just like me. It was so yummy; the perfect way to spice up a cool fall day while taking in a little of the outdoors. I savored my plate, people watching while I munched, then headed out for a nice walk along the water. It was the perfect picnic and best part...no preparation and minimal clean-up. I highly recommend it!

If I've tempted you enough to want to have your own Marination Mobile experience, you can find where they'll be on their blog. I'm including a link with hopes that many of you will follow my happy lead. Marination Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment