Monday, September 14, 2009

Appendix or Bust!

OK, so after a good start I was totally bummed to fall off the posting wagon so soon. I do have a stellar excuse though.

So how does a beautiful sunny weekend go way wrong? Appendicitis!

Friday I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a mack truck. I struggled through the day until about 3:30 when I relented to call into the doc. We went through the list of questions and they too agreed it was probably a bug until I hit the last symptom- lower right quadrant pain. Apparently that's a red flag. So we scheduled an appointment and agreed that if anything changed before morning I'd head to the ER. Boo!

I made it until morning and was actually feeling a little better. I got up, took a shower, and even drove myself to my appointment. I totally expected a clean bill of health, but much to my dismay the doc said she thought it was appendicitis. "You'll need to go to the E.R. for a scan to confirm, but I'm 80% sure" she said. That was the beginning of the end of my beautiful sunny weekend.

I headed into the E.R. around noon, was diagnosed around 3, admitted around 3:15, and had surgery around 9. The whole thing was a bummer that's left me a little worn down and more than a little sore. Good news though is I'm on the mend.

I'm laying low for a few days, but i couldn't let another day pass without giving a huge shout out to everyone who helped J and I this weekend. Amanda, Julia, Kristi, Jo, and Lia...you all are rockstars; we couldn't have done it without you. Thank you so much for giving up part of your weekend to help us in a pinch.

AND Erin...I'm bummed I missed your birthday but I promise I'll make it up to you very soon! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment