Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February- A Month for Love

What is love? A romantic gesture? Flowers? The kind words written to a friend whose lifted our spirits in some small way? The hours we spend volunteering or a small donation we give with hopes of helping someone in need?



Love to me is all of these gestures and expressions, and this month- a month traditionally associated with all things love, I hope to explore the many facets and faces love takes on in our day to day lives.

Some of my posts will be about romantic love or eros. Eros is the type of love we read about in novels and see on the big silver screen. It's cupid; it's chocolates and roses; it's butterflies and fireworks; it's love at first sight... and all things Valentines.

Some of my posts will be about philia love- this is the love of friendship, fellowship, and things we love. Within these posts I'll tell you about some of my favorite people, ideas, and things I love.

AND finally some of my posts will be about agape love- this is selfless love, the love experienced when we commit to making a decision that benefits others inspite of potential outcomes for ourselves. Within these posts you'll find information about my philanthropic efforts, inspirational stories, and ideas for selfless acts that just might move you to action.

Along the way I hope you'll share your own stories, inspirations, and ideas with me as we explore a month of LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment